What does www.checkmytestosterone.com do for you?
www.checkmytestosterone.com helps to screen for low testosterone. The patient can then arrange treatment for these symptoms with licensed professional medical professionals who are experts in this specialty. Diagnosis with a physician includes a review of your symptoms, medical history, physical examination and blood tests. Treatment may include testosterone replacement therapy, hormone replacement therapy, nutritional advice, fitness programs, sleep programs and supplements as per your physician’s discretion.
What is a testosterone test?
Testing for testosterone can be done in several ways. A saliva test can be done in the comfort of your own home and will give an accurate estimate for the levels of testosterone available. A more traditional method is to test testosterone via a blood test.
What time of day is a man’s testosterone lowest?
Doctors recommend that testosterone levels be checked between 8am to 11am as this is when levels are highest in younger men. In the middle of the day, males are likely to present lower testosterone levels as the levels decline throughout the day.
Where should testosterone levels be?
Total Testosterone levels (also known as T levels) between 300ng/dL and 1000ng/dL are considered normal in the blood. In Saliva the normal range is 49-185 pg/ml. The brain, pituitary gland, hypothalamus and the testicles work together to keep testosterone in this range. If testosterone levels are below normal, the brain signals the testicles to produce more. When testosterone levels are adequate, the brain signals the testicles to produce less. If one of these areas is not functioning properly it is likely to reduce testosterone production.
How do I know if my testosterone is low?
Determining whether you have Low T or andropause requires reviewing your testosterone levels, medical history and symptoms. To determine if you have low testosterone, you will be administered a blood test either at a local lab facility or with a home saliva kit we will mail to you. If your testosterone levels are below 350 ng/DL, some men are considered to have low testosterone. You have been feeling more fatigued lately, but you have been chalking it up to long days at the office or a busy family life. The changes that have come over you have been gradual, but you are noticing your energy levels seem to be dropping and you are starting to put on a little weight. These can be indicators your testosterone levels are low. There are other indicators your testosterone levels are low as well such as a loss of bone density, decreased muscle mass, decreased sexual drive, memory loss, and mood changes and/or depression. Once you receive you test results you should consult your physician.
I have low energy. Does this mean I have Low T?
Not necessarily as there are many reasons why someone might feel blah. If you are a man of a certain age, feeling a loss of energy, presence of andropause symptoms and no obvious explanation than checking for the presence of Low T may be a good idea.
Is there a correlation between testosterone levels and the amount of body hair?
Body hair is mostly tied to genetics and hereditary backgrounds. Men with Low T can experience a reduction in hair, but testosterone therapy does not stimulate hair growth in areas you previously did not have hair.
Can Low T contribute to difficulty in building muscle mass?
If you find that your body does not respond to exercise in the ways it used to this is likely Low T. however, if this is consistent with how your body reacted your entire life than it is likely your personal genetics. Low T can affect the production of fat cells but typically happens much more slowly than this amount of weight gain would suggest. Studies have shown that testosterone therapy can have the same benefit in building muscles as exercise alone. Combining the two will increase the effects. Exercise also helps to develop and strengthen your cardiovascular system.
What are signs of high testosterone in men?
Testosterone is the principal “male hormone” Excess testosterone in men will result in all male traits stronger and more apparent.
- Facial and Body Hair Growth – DHT – dihydrotestosterone is made when enzymes convert testosterone into DHT which is a more potent form of testosterone. Men with high testosterone typically by definition have high DHT levels which results in an increase in facial and body hair. This doesn’t mean that every single male with high testosterone have high DHT levels because some males lack the enzyme which converts testosterone to DHT.
- Deep Voice and Large Adams Apple – As boys mature from boys to men, the voice in boys deepens as the levels of testosterone is increased as a part of puberty.The muscles that are used to produce a deep voice in males are affected by this testosterone – larynx, cartilage, and the Adam’s apple. One of the telltale signs of high testosterone in men is a deep voice with a protruded Adams’s apple. This is also the reason that women don’t have an Adam’ apple, lack of testosterone that does not grow the vocal apparatus.
- Defined and Strong Jawline – Testosterone and DHT have been shown to increase bone density and growth. This becomes evident in the jawline and can manifest itself as a defined jawline with sharp edges
- Wide Shoulders – Bone maturation and growth is affected by testosterone. Due to this phenomenon, the shoulders get wider. The shoulder muscles and bones have a high density of androgen receptors. Therefore, it goes to say that if you have high testosterone levels, then the testosterone will impact the muscles and bones in the shoulders.
- Long Ring Finger – recent studies have shown that the ratio between the index and pointer finger is linked to the amount of testosterone a fetus receives in the womb.This may manifest itself as one of the physical symptoms of high testosterone
- Male Pattern Baldness – In some men, high testosterone which is converted to DHT (dihydrotestosterone) may lead to hair loss because DHT is linked to loss of hair in some men. This is amplified in men who are more genetically prone to male pattern baldness. If an individual is prone to hair loss, an increase of testosterone may accelerate the effects of hair loss in these individuals.